Men’s skincare is a relatively unpopular topic at the present – but it’s slowly starting to grow. We tend to think of it as something reserved for ladies. However, grooming is for everyone, and especially skin care. This becomes especially important during the cold season, when external elements are more active and can roughly affect women’s as well as men’s skin health and beauty.
Men’s concern for skin health and attractiveness has recently returned, and cosmetic companies have launched products and comprehensive ranges, including the most basic skincare products that can be swaped for the usual ones, for more benefits – such as a face & body bar soap prepared for premium ingredients to safely clean, protect and regenerate men’s skin.
In fact, men’s skin requires different cosmetic care than women’s skin, mostly because it produces more sebum than women’s, hence products with a non-oily base or fats ingredients are recommended. Men’s skin has unique qualities as well: it is 15% more resistant to the action of external influences, and wrinkles and fine lines appear significantly later, after the age of 35. After this age, the skin is dehydrated and requires special care.
Men’s Skin Care Procedures
A good skincare program, as with women, is required for the effects to be effective and long-lasting.
- The skin has to be cleansed. Impurities in the air enter the skin’s pores and cause pimples and blackheads over time. To avoid this, the skin must be thoroughly washed with appropriate products. You can use a cleansing lotion with a gentle formula that won’t clog your pores.
- Exfoliation is a crucial step in your skincare routine since it aids in the removal of dead skin cells. The exfoliator’s small particles aid to deep-cleanse pores, smooth skin, and prepare it for the next stage. Use a face scrub that has proteins and active compounds that nourish the skin.
- Face cream moisturizes and protects the skin, reducing the aging process. If you shave every day, use face cream frequently because your skin will be dry and slightly irritated. Use high-quality, deeply moisturizing creams consisting of natural, skin-friendly components.
- Cream for contouring the eyes. Because the skin surrounding the eyes is so delicate, it is more prone to wrinkles and aging. Don’t skip this step if you want to maintain your skin looking fresh for as long as possible. Choose an eye contour cream that helps to repair wrinkles, avoids dark circles and puffiness beneath the eyes, and keeps your skin appearing young.
Choosing Men’s Skincare Products
Men’s skin differs significantly from women’s skin in terms of physiology. To begin with, the capacity of the beard to grow is a consideration that cosmetics businesses consider when producing products specifically for men. In addition, the lowest layer of skin, the dermis, differs structurally in men’s skin.
The most crucial criterion for selecting the proper products are that they are created for your skin type and include non-harmful components. Usually, vegan & natural products are an excellent choice where you can’t be wrong, because they tend to not use harmful ingredients.
It is recommended to use products that include active and natural components that are helpful to the skin, do not clog it, and supply it with the necessary moisture. You can also use cosmetics that work as a barrier between the skin and external stimuli, preventing and treating irritation. Men’s products from Auntie Stephanie are all created by the book, based on excellent natural ingredients that will protect and enhance your skin, and you can check them out HERE.
Follow the skin care measures and properly moisturize your skin to maintain it healthy and youthful for as long as possible!
Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Appearance
- They say we are what we eat, but it is also possible that we are what we drink and how much we drink! The amount of water we drink each day has a big impact on how hydrated our bodies and skin are. The more fluids we consume, the more hydrated we become, and hence the more hydrated our skin becomes. A male often consumes more fluids than a woman due to his larger body mass.
- Another important component in skin health is nutrition. Acne can be caused by a high-fat, high-sugar diet. It is best to have a balanced and healthy diet to keep our skin in good condition.
- Prolonged sun exposure is another cause of face skin damage. Because it is difficult to entirely avoid UV radiation, which is becoming increasingly dangerous, it is recommended that we protect ourselves by applying a face cream with sun protection. We propose Biorigine’s Avril Bio Sun Protection Face Cream SPF 30/50.
- For the benefits to be visible, the skin care technique must be followed on a daily basis. However, there are a few little details that make a significant difference: Squeezing pimples, shaving harshly, touching your face with unshaven hands, and sleeping on a dirty pillowcase can all harm your complexion.
- Finally, it is usual for males to borrow their life partner’s cosmetics, which are only for women. As previously said, men’s skin differs from women’s skin and so requires a particular type of care according to its unique traits.